Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Morning Meditation


The more serious blog material is still lodged away somewhere in my brain like mental constipation.

So, here is a silly thing from a time when the two minutes that I spent brushing my teeth felt like the only time I ever got to be in a room by myself (on a good day). It's also partly a 'found' poem, as half the lines are taken from a bottle of mouthwash. Found poems are sometimes in danger of being a bit pretentious...

Morning Meditation
Apply toothpaste. Switch on.
Upper left quadrant, thirty seconds.
Macrogoglycerol Hydroxysterate, Sorbitol, Peppermint oil and Water.
Upper right, thirty seconds.
Macrogoglycerol Hydroxystearate may cause skin reactions.
Lower right, thirty seconds.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH AND SIGHT OF CHILDREN.
Lower left, thirty seconds.
If no improvement after two weeks, please see your doctor.
Toothbrush shudders to a stop.
Somewhere a child is crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment